A reproduction of a first-edition Ordnance Survey map at a scale of 1:2500 (approximately 25 inches to one mile).
This map, at a scale large enough to show every individual building, as well as walls, hedges and individual trees, shows the town of Aberavon in 1876, very little of which now remains after the 20th century redevelopment. It shows the docks and adjoining works, the site of the castle, the layout of the town, and the drained marchland to the west of it.
It is presented with a white border around the image, and the title and date printed on the border
Size (Portrait): 510mm x 705mm