A reproduction of a first-edition Ordnance Survey map at a scale of 1:2500 (approximately 25 inches to one mile).
This map, at a scale large enough to show every individual building, as well as walls, hedges and individual trees, shows thw town of Neath as it was in 1877, including the Green, Llantiwt Church, Gnoll House, the River Neath and the Neath and Tennant canals. The map also shows the dense concentration of housing (including Victorian Slums) in the centre of the town, and also gives an overview of the parts of the town that have been demolished and redeveloped during the 20th century.
It is presented with a white border around the image, and the title and date printed on the border.
Size (Landscape): 510mm x 705mm